The Georgetown chapter of the CFUW received its charter in 1971 and has had an active programme since that time. Currently the Georgetown CFUW has approximately 100 members. Over the years programming highlights have included:
Dynamic Speakers such as Edna Staebler, Hazel McCallion, Adrienne Clarkson, Sheila Copps, Elizabeth Hay and Dr. Samantha Nutt, to name only a few.
Interest Groups including bridge, gardening, hiking, books, arts and theatre etc.. (see full list here)
Community Involvement in activities such as:
- Career Days at high schools
- Classical music concerts for children
- Women’s Days
- Supporting the Old Seed House Garden
- Hosting All Candidates meetings
- Organizing an annual book sale and fashion show to raise money for our club sponsored scholarships awarded to local High School Graduates proceeding to university or college
The season opener for new members and those renewing their membership is held in September but we welcome new members at anytime throughout the year.
Membership fee: $110.00
Any woman who supports the goals of CFUW is welcome to join!
For more information or to join the CFUW please email firstname.lastname@example.org .